Thursday, June 02, 2011

Sophia



So I decided to start this quilt. I've been working on it for a few weeks now. It was supposed to be given to my friend in time for the birth of her baby girl, but baby girl came early. So now I'm behind schedule. But I'm still excited about it and hope that it is a loved quilt for years to come. Is that too much to hope for? I'm not sure.

I have wanted to do something with triangles for ages, and found some ideas for quilts in a few of the books I have at home. And then I went to the internet and looked for ideas and just knew I had to do a zig-zag quilt. This is seriously such an easy quilt pattern and it looks modern and fun. There are so many ways you can run with it, too. I made mine all pinks and white since it is going to a baby girl, but there are so many color options for this. Once I got going, I thought of other ways that I could incorporate the zig-zag (like mirroring it, or having it run long-ways down the quilt...).



A couple of shots of it in pieces--




And now a couple of views of the completed top:



A little detail shot: 

My little helper:

For those of you that want a tutorial, I found my inspiration HERE and then just did my own thing, but THIS one is also pretty cool. I wanted the freedom to make mine in the proportions of my choosing, so I just got the general idea from these sites and ran with that. Thank you for the inspiration, fellow quilters! 

Now all I have left is to finish the back, quilt it up, and thow in some binding. Should be a piece of cake, right? Wish me luck!

No comments: