Monday, May 04, 2009

Birthday love

I just wanted to report that I got an awesome present from the Folks for turning another year older. I'm not sure what the big deal is. I mean, really, I should be giving my mom gifts on that day... but I'll go along with custom.
Now, it may have started from a recycled thought, but the product is brand new. My step-dad decided (again) that I might like a new digital camera*. It has been nearly 4 years since the first camera-giving, and even though it was an old idea, I'm more than satisfied with the new camera: a Canon PowerShot SX110 IS. A mouthful, I know. I can't even tell you just how excited I am about using it. Besides having all kinds of automatic and specific settings, it has a manual setting. It isn't quite a SLR, but I'm not quite there yet. Besides, I'm currently borrowing Jon's film SLR for practice, and any time we're out together, he lets me take all the digital SLR shots I can handle with his Nikon.
Now I'll be able to take really nice, crisp digital photos along with my Holga and toy camera shots. Oh the possibilities!

* I'm so grateful I have people in my life that support what I love and love me, and that my folks get me. I get that that's a big deal.

No comments: