Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Singing

I've been doing lots of singing in Indiana so far. Mike's been writing his own music to use as the soundtrack to one of the documentaries, and I've gotta say, it's pretty good. He's been having me listen in, comment on the lyrics and tempo, and sing. He's got me doing the harmony, and it has been a lot of fun. I usually save my singing for car rides or alone-time. So, it's been fun to actually be asked to belt things out and to really give some input. I'm not sure if we'll actually record any of them with my vocals, but either way, it's nice to get to use my voice.

As far as visual arts go: I packed up a total of four cameras to Indiana. I've got two toy cameras, one really nice SLR, and then my fun little point and shoot digital. I aim to use them lots and lots while I'm out here, and I hope to get better at the SLR business. Today after I went on a run around a local park, I got my Holga out of the car and took a few shots.

I've also brought along a fresh new sketchbook, and I hope to put that to good use out here as well.

Some time in the next week or two, we're going on a field trip to the Museum of Art in Indianapolis. I'm so excited.

No comments: